New episode of Steven Universe this week!! 7PM, Wednesday, CN.
Storyboarded Joe Johnston and me!
Quickie. #crossstitch #needlework #unicornsbitch
This includes several of my favorite things
It’s draw a centaur day and this is all I could think of.
New Home Is Where The Internet Is! Tumblr’s 10-page limit is keeping me from posting the whole thing, so head on over to the webcomic to read the rest (plus a blog post with Paris photos and doodles).
I’m going to Strasbourg tomorrow!!! I’m so excited. We might take a day trip into Germany and the Black Forest 8-D AHHHHHH. Back soon, love and hugs~
-Your friend Tally
Tally is not only an AMAZING comic artist but she’s living the dream! I hope my girls grow up and don’t let the constant yet abstract notion of fear dictate how they live in this world. Way to go Tally!! :D
I love this so much! As someone who’s only really started to travel in the last year, I totally get that initial terror. I’ve been pretty fortunate, and made so many friends all over the world. I went to Boston on a whim this weekend and got to spend an evening with comic people I met mostly through twitter - and everyone was wonderful. Yes, I got terrible food poisoning on the way home, but I also got to have barbecue and Manhattans with people who used to be strangers. Travel! It’s good for you.
my Night Vale project for class is finally
probablyfinished and I’m going to sleep for ten years now
((probably best in full view))
A new man came into town today. Who is he? What does he want from us? Why his perfect and beautiful haircut? Why his perfect and beautiful coat? He says he is a scientist. Well, we have all been scientists and one point or another in our lives. But why now? Why here?
Strong Eyebrow Game (Work in Progress)
(notes: hah a)
this list has been brewing for a few weeks and now is as good a time as any to post it. although it’s by no means comprehensive and is really only the tip of the iceberg, here are (in no particular order) 30 speculative fiction (sci-fi/fantasy/dystopian) books written by women of color
- Dawn by Octavia Butler
- Redemption in Indigo by Karen Lord
- Wind Follower by Carole McDonnell
- Mindscape by Andrea Hairston
- Racing the Dark by Alaya Dawn Johnson
- Dragon Sword and Wind Child by Noriko Ogiwara
- The Icarus Girl by Helen Oyeyemi
- Salt Fish Girl by Larissa Lai
- Half World by Hiromi Goto
- Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon
- Guardian of the Spirit by Nahoko Uehashi
- Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin
- The Iron King by Julie Kawaga
- Who Fears Death by Nnedi Okorafor
- Hammer of Witches by Shana Mlawski
- Ico: Castle in the Mist by Miyuki Miyabe
- Orleans by Sherri L. Smith
- Dualed by Elsie Chapman
- The Killing Moon by N.K. Jemisin
- What’s Left of Me by Kat Zhang
- Filter House (short stories) by Nisi Shawl
- Huntress by Malinda Lo
- Legend by Marie Lu
- Signal Red by Rimi B. Chatterjee
- The Conch Bearer by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
- The Island of Eternal Love by Daína Chaviano
- My Soul to Keep by Tananarive Due
- Cast in Shadow by Michelle Sagara
- Ascension by Kara Dalkey
update: kate elliot is not actually a woman of color and i’m confused as to how she ended up on this list :(
I see these lists go by and I always sigh because I’m not included again, and then I shrug and do nothing. And I realize I’m part of the problem for doing that. So let me include my book and others by wonderful POC women authors not on this list who write spec fic (sci fi, fantasy, dystopian)
Prophecy by Ellen Oh
Summer of the Mariposas by Guadalupe Garcia McCall
Vengeance Bound by Justina Ireland
Shatter me by Taheri Mafi
Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves
Cat Girl’s Day Off by Kimberly Pauley
Living Violet by Jaime Reed
The Hunter Kiss series by Marjorie Liu
Into the Wise Dark by Neesha Meminger
Akata Witch by Nnedi Okorafor
The Girl with Borrowed Wings by Rinsai Rossetti
The Twelve Kingdoms by Fuyumi Ono
If you see any I’ve missed, please add! I hope we can compile a more comprehensive list at some point.
"Welcome…… To Night Vale. ♬♩♫"
The Man in the Tan Jacket
Well, I kept fussing with it and ended up extending the image quite a bit.
Here is the post of the old piece of you are interested: Boop
Bad news. A major vulnerability, known as “Heartbleed,” has been disclosed for the technology that powers encryption across the majority of the internet. That includes Tumblr.
We have no evidence of any breach and, like most networks, our team took immediate action to fix the issue.
But this still means that the little lock icon (HTTPS) we all trusted to keep our passwords, personal emails, and credit cards safe, was actually making all that private information accessible to anyone who knew about the exploit.
[ bad advice snipped ]
You’ll be hearing more in the news over the coming days. Take care.
But don’t change your password yet?
Heartbleed is a very, very big deal, and it’s quite rightly scaring the crap out of people. The response here is more complicated than ‘change your passwords’, and that complication is very important.
Heartbleed dumps a portion of the server’s memory out to the attacker. This chunk of memory can contain sensitive information, including your password.
Here’s the kicker: the more recently a vulnerable server has processed your password, the more likely it is to appear in one of these chunks.
And more importantly, if you change your password, you are risking both your old and new passwords.
- Go to filippo.io/Heartbleed. Type in the domain name of the site you want to check (for tumblr, you would enter tumblr.com) and press “Go!”
- If and only if you get a message saying that the site is “not affected”, change your password on that site and any other sites that you use it on. In future, use unique passwords for each site.
- If you get a message saying that the site is vulnerable, do not use that site. Keep checking every so often, and only use the site again when you get the “not affected” response.
Send me an ask if you need help or more information, I’ll do what I can.
::points:: listen to this man. this shit is his job AND his passion.
this is exactly what i want my hair to be. cut/colour, everything.
I just finished part 2 of Burial at Sea and I have a lot of feelings about Bioshock.
Master and student
Frostpine is perfect. Oh, god, they’re all perfect!!!!!!!!!
ROSETHORN AND BRIAR MY MOMTP AAHHH
John Mueller (via Multiversity Comics » 31 Days of Hellboy: John Mueller)